Assertiveness at work
Assertiveness is a skill that can be learned. If you sometimes feel you're being manipulated or find it hard to state your opinion, you'll benefit from this course which aims to help increase self awareness and to be able to apply simple tools and techniques that can lead to increased confidence, improved relationships and better outcomes when dealing with others.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify the need for assertiveness
- Build personal confidence, self esteem and improve their personal impact and interaction with others
- Explain the differences between aggressive, passive and assertive behaviour
- Understand and develop the use of assertive language
- Identify and use a variety of assertiveness techniques such as fogging and stuck record.
- Develop personal action plans to build on their current approach
There are no assessments or tests and this course does not lead to a qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements. We welcome anyone wanting to benefit from being more confident and capable of being assertive.
Course dates, times and venues
How to apply