Paediatric First Aid - Level 3 units
On this course you’ll learn the skills needed to cope and react calmly and swiftly when an infant or small child is in need of basic first aid. The course satisfies the guidelines and criteria laid down by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and Ofsted and is ideal for individuals who are working with children and infants, who wish to gain a nationally accredited qualification to evidence their skills. The course is delivered by a Nuco-trained qualified instructor.
It will be of particular interest to teachers, child minders, crèche assistants, playgroup personnel and anyone else who has a responsibility for the welfare of children and infants. Parents and carers will also benefit from learning what to do when faced with children and infants in need of basic first aid.
- You’ll learn about assessing situations and dealing with an unresponsive casualty (including resuscitation)
- You’ll know what to do when a child or infant is choking, bleeding, fainting or convulsing
- We’ll look at eye/ head injuries and fractures, and how to deal with anaphylaxia, burns, shock and foreign bodies
- You’ll understand more about conditions such as diabetes and asmtha as well as meningitis and sickle cell anaemia
- Be aware of your responsibilities to report accidents, incidents and injuries
On successful completion of the course and assessments, learners will achieve a certiifcate of acceditation for two units at Level 3 in Paediatric First Aid approved by First Aid Awards Ltd.
There are no formal requirements to enrol on this course.
Your practical skills will be assessed by the tutor over the 2 days and there will be a multiple choice question paper to test your theoretical knowledge. You'll need to attend both days and successfully complete the assessment to gain the qualification.
Course dates, times and venues
This course is scheduled to run on various dates and at a range of locations throughout the year. You can view the next dates in the Upcoming courses pane to the right.
How to apply