An apprenticeship can help you...
- Gain more people power to help your business grow
- Bring in or develop skills and keep training costs down
- Talent spot and nurture your rising stars
- Introduce change, new ways of working and generate new ideas
- We'll deliver the off-the-job training and assessment elements free of charge for an apprentice aged 16 - 18; a small financial contribution is required for apprentices aged 19 and over.
- Small employers can get an age-related grant to help them employ an apprentice aged 16 - 24 (*eligibility criteria apply).
- Employers of apprentices under the age of 25 do not pay Class 1 (employer) NICs for those employees.
Apprenticeships - from April 2017
It's all change next year and we know that employers need help to make sense of it all. Help us to help you get it right when employing an apprentice.
Recruiting an apprentice
...is a competitive process just like any other recruitment. Picking the right apprentice is really important so we're here to help with shortlisting / interviewing to help you get the best possible outcome.
Converting a role to an apprenticeship
Got someone relatively new in post or an employee whose role is undergoing sigificant change? Demonstrate your commitment to their career progression by converting the role to an apprenticeship, giving them an opportunity to gain a role-appropriate qualification to evidence their skills, with no change in status or salary.
Find out more
Here's an information flyer to tell you more about taking on an apprentice.
General information and advice for employers is available at www.gov.uk/take-on-an-apprentice
Employer guide to apprenticeships and traineeships